Find out about this week’s Tuesday Horizons, here.
Tuesday Horizons is a series of six evening meetings intended to let you broaden your horizons and reflect further on some of the spiritual matters which impinge on us all.
The meetings take place at SMc between 7.30 and 9.00 on Tuesday evenings with coffee available from 7.00. All are welcome to attend any or all the meetings the details of which will be in our notices, in the newsletter and here on our website.
The meeting currently arranged are:
- 3rd January Be a Christian but why be a Methodist? – Revd Margaret Jones
- 17th January “Art and the Bible” – Bishop Nicholas
- 31st January “How has our Northumbrian Heritage influenced our Church? – Revd Derek Chapman
- 14th February The birth and youth of Jesus – A help or a problem? – Revd David Hookins
- 28th February “Transubstantiation – How does if fit into our belief? – Father Canon Michael Fitzpatrick
- 14th March Hymnody – Theology or a nice tune? – Revd Steve Hawkes
The Listening Place is a free, confidential drop-in listening service. You are warmly invited to attend the annual meeting and hear guest speaker Revd. Joanna Naish. Find out more here.
Alpha is a course that explores our Christian Faith through talks and group discussions (as well as supper). Come and join us if you are curious about any or all of the following questions:
- Is there more to life than this?
- Who is Jesus?
- Why did Jesus die?
- How can I have faith?
- Why & how do I pray?
- Why & how should I read the Bible?
- How does God guide us?
- How can I resist evil?
- Why & how should I tell others?
- Does God heal today?
- What about the church?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?
Where? The Vestry Bar, Milford St, Salisbury.
When? 7 pm to 9.30 pm, starting 17 October 2016.
What? Fork supper followed by talk and group discussions.
Are you interested in an opportunity for christian ministry in Salisbury?
SMc is looking for an outreach worker with children and young families to cover maternity leave. This is a paid part-time appointment.
Find out more here.
The Salisbury and Bemerton Methodist Churches Outreach Group has produced a report on its work. You can read the report here.